During the Arts Festival Summit in Wiesbaden, Rheingau, 3-5 May, a historic EFA General Assembly concluded on 5 May in the Hessischer Landtag, the first time that the parliament opened its doors to non-parliamentarians, the members elected a completely new board, Vice-Presidents and President, Governor Jan Briers (President of the Federation of Music Festivals in Flanders). EFA also welcomed back Semana de Música Religiosa de Cuenca to the EFA family.
EFA Board 2017
President: Governor Jan Briers, Arts Festivals Summit 2017 concluded in Rheingau
- Paul Dujardin, Centre for Fine Arts Brussels (BOZAR)
- Herman Schnitzer, Meraner Musikwochen/Settimane Musicali Meranesi
- Colm Croffy, Association of Irish Festivals and Events
- Sophie Detremmerie, Flanders Festival Brussels
- Pineiro Nagy, Estoril Lisbon Festival
- Francesco Maria Perrotta, ItaliaFestival
- Ruta Prusevičienė, Vilnius Festival
- Filiz Sarper, International Izmir Festival
- Ibrahim Spahic, Sarajevo Winter Festival
- Jovanka Višekruna Janković, Serbian Festivals Association
The European Festivals Association (EFA) is the umbrella organisation for festivals across Europe and beyond representing about 100 member festivals, 15 national festival associations and cultural networks reaching 2000 festivals from 40 countries. More information on EFA and how to join the network, can be found here.